*Free - Weed I.D. & Management Workshop
Join Granite Borders Landcare and our experts in the classroom as we learn how to; spot weeds, why is this important, what should be our focus, what help is out there and what we can do to manage them. This is a must-have skill for any land carer!
# Collect and bring along YOUR OWN ‘bagged’ samples from home as we talk:
- ·Common weeds across the Granite Belt
- Native weeds versus exotic weeds
- ·Effective and efficient treatment methods
- ·Technology – how, what and is it useful?
- ·Biosecurity – what are your responsibilities and do you have a PLAN?
- ·Useful tools for the shed
- The latest research in the ecology and control of weeds incl: fireweed, serrated tussock, Chilean Needle Grass
- Tips for identifying weeds
WHEN: Thursday, April 27th – registration opens at 9:30am (with morning tea)
WHERE: The Henry Parkes Motel Function Room, 144 Rouse Street, Tenterfield
Catering Supplied is supplied so please remember to RSVP!!
Book here to secure your seat: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/EWWCN
For more information call Karen at Granite Borders Landcare on 02 6736 3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about our speakers:
Professor Brian Sindel (BScAgr (Hons), DipEd (Dist), PhD (USyd)
Currently Professor of Weed Science , Weed science - School of Environmental and Rural Science (UNE)
- Researcher studying the ecology and control over a variety of weed species including - fireweed, serrated tussock, Chilean Needle Grass and many others.
- Research Supervisor - 25 years +
- Primary research areas include pasture weeds, weeds of vegetables and antarctic weeds
Regional Weeds Coordinator, Northern Tablelands Local Land Services
Weed's Officer, Tenterfield Shire Council
This workshop has been funded through the 2021/2022 Regional Land Partnerships – Northern Tablelands – Healthy Headwaters Project